If you have any community notes you would like
published please tell us...
Greencastle Community Centre
- St Brigid’s Cross Making on Thursday, 31st January, from 12 - 2pm.
Cost €3. Tea and refreshments provided.
- Basic First Aid Course on Saturday, 26th January, from 9:30am –
5pm. Fully certified.
- Adult tennis lessons on every Thursday from 7-8pm.
- Jiving lessons are starting on Wednesday 13th February with a free
introductory class from 7-8pm.
- Salsa lessons are starting on Wednesday 27th February with a free
introductory class from 8-9pm.
- Mick O’Toonz Animation workshop on the 22nd February from 10am –
1pm. Tel: Mick 086 2127923.
- Zara Holmes Drama Workshop on the 2nd February from 3 - 6:30.
Themes are Moana, Shrek and Beauty & the Beast. We will be singing,
dancing & acting and looking at characters and themes from the hit
movies. For all bookings contact Zara on Facebook, Zara Holmes
Performing Arts Academy or text 087 3602008
- New Beginnings ‘Minding Me’ wellness workshops. Five weeks from
1st April at 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Tel:0864477867
- Creative writing class for beginners, writers and everyone in
between. Come and have fun playing with words to lighten the dark
evenings. Six Thursdays starting on 24th January from 7.30 – 9.00.
- Baby Reflexology starting on the 4th February for 3 weeks from
10:45 – 11:30. Contact Grainne Harmony Babies on 087 7537183 for
more info and to book.
- Wee Arts music & movement 6 week program is starting at 10am on
Monday's from January 28, 2019. Suitable for children aged between
0-5 and their caregiver.
- Musical Memories Singing Group is a group for older people,
especially welcoming to people affected by dementia and memory loss,
their families, friends and carers. Starting on Monday 28th January
at 11:15am. Cost €5.
- Kid’s Singing Lessons: Info and registration evening on the 25th
January at 4:30pm.
- North Star Speech & Drama will be at our baby and toddler session
on the 10th January, 14th February and 14th March. Offering informal
guidance and support on speech, language and social development.
- Zumba on Thursdays at 7pm. Tel Gwyneth on 083 4627073 to book.
- Buggyfit keep fit class for parents & buggy/pram. ‘No babysitter,
no excuse’. On every Friday at 11am. Cost €5.
- Tai Chi on Friday mornings at 10am starting on the 25th January.
- Coochie Coo music & movement on the last Tuesday of the month at
11am. Next class on January 29th at 10:30am.
- Safety on Board, Towing & Rescue Procedures, Basic First Aid.
Contact the centre to book.
- Kickboxing every Tuesday for Kids from 6-7pm and adults on
Thursday from 7-8pm. Tel: 083 8554997.
- Shooting Starz Gymnastics on every Monday from 4-5pm for 5yrs,
5-6pm for 10-13yrs, 6-7pm for 6&7yrs and 7-8pm for 8&9yrs. €5 per
class and €40 registration fee. We are hoping to run a preschool
class in the new year.
- Greencastle Tennis Academy with Liam Sweeney, professionally
qualified tennis coach, on every Tuesday & Thursday at4:30pm for
5yrs+. New faces welcome. Call Liam for more information on 048 71
226223 or email email@example.com. Tennis classes for adults
- Greencastle Women’s Group meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month
at 10:30am. New faces always welcome!
- The Coyle School of Irish Dancing: For fun, for Feiseanna and for
grading/examinations every Friday at 3:15pm. Call Janet on 086
- Rachel’s Relax Kids at Greencastle Community Centre. Tel Rachel on
- Baby & Toddler Group on Thursdays from 10am -12pm. €3 per child
and €5 per family. Snacks & drinks included. New faces welcome!
- Senshi Martial Arts Academy Kid’s kickboxing every Tuesday at 6pm
and adults every Thursday at 7pm.
- Pilates for adults and dance classes for children (ballet age 4+,
hip hop/jazz age 8+) with ZoNa Dance Company at Greencastle
Community Centre. Contact: 086 8222189 for more info or
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for kids and adults on Tuesday & Friday at
7:30pm. Tel :0044 7597313759 for more info. First class free!
- The Write Stuff Kids Club, Creative Writing & Storytelling on
Tuesday from 5pm - 6:15pm. Contact Grainne on 086 3148541.
- Vivid Performances Speech & Drama back in the New Year. Call Emma
for more info on 086 3601537.
- Slimming World every Wednesday at 7pm.
- Large, modern office space available to-let. All mod-cons,
high-speed wifi, landline access, self-contained kitchen facilities
and storage. Contact the centre for more information.
- Birthday parties, bouncy castle, multi-sports and party room all
under one roof. Call us for more info!
- 24/7 accessible defibrillator is located at the centre in an
outdoor case in a prominent location at the front of the community
centre and is accessed by entering a code on the digital keypad
which is obtained by dialling 999 or 112. Defibrillator is easy to
use and fully automated.
- Core Care free counselling service available. Please call 0044
7849223114 or 074 93 81054 to book an appointment.
- Competitive rates on room rental available for classes, workshops,
training; Introductory offers. Call the centre for more info!
- Fantastic selection of kids and adults books available at the
centre for a small donation.
- Aine Havlin Fitness at Greencastle Community Centre. Tel: 086
0681696 for more info and to book a class/pt session/bootcamp.
- What courses/classes would you be interested in attending at
Greencastle Community Centre? – Let us know!
For further information on any of the above please phone 93 81054,
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Facebook.
- Free Counselling service every Friday. Referrals from HSE, G.P.
- Other courses due to start are Creative Writing, Knitting, Art,
Crafts, Basic Computers and Adult and Kids ECDL
- Join the afternoon club every Thursday from 2pm to 4pm. Enjoy a
cup of tea, have a chat and play a game of cards or other
activities. All welcome.
Tel: 93 82945 or Email:
Moville Girl Guides - St. Finian's Girl Guide Unit urgently require
female leaders 18 years and over. Unit runs on a Wednesday evening.
If you are interested contact Annette Harkin, Unit Leader on 086 360
6360. Thank you.
Volunteers are needed for Lifeline (Inishowen) Domestic
Violence Service. Are you interested in becoming part of a team in
supporting families in Inishowen? For further information please
call 074 93 73337 from 10am to 1.30pm Monday - Friday or email
The Inishowen Methodist churches Community Parent & Toddler group
every Thursday morning from 10am - 12pm at
the Methodist hall in Moville during
school term time. The group is for parents/carers of babies and
toddlers up to 4 years of age, only €2 per child with Refreshments
provided. A great way for children and adults to meet and make new
The Cancer Support Group ‘CSSC’ would like to invite anyone who has
been affected by a cancer diagnosis (including carers, family &
friends) to our monthly meetings in Milltown House, Tulnaree,
Carndonagh at 7.30 pm every second Monday of the month. Come along for tea and chat with
people who are going through a similar experience.
Ceolan school of music is a newly established community initiative
for teaching music to children aged 6-18 years.
Our main focus is traditional Irish music. Tuition will be offered
in 1) whistle 2) fiddle 3) button accordion 4) piano accordion 5)
traditional singing. Tuition will also be available in other
instruments depending on demand: harp/ flute/ pipes /banjo /mandolin
/bouzouki /traditional piano accompaniment / introductory classical
violin / music theory.
Fees- €10 to enrol in the music school for the year. This covers
operational costs and provision of all teaching materials. Each
weekly lesson is €6/hour. Pupils will be divided into classes
depending on ability. Class numbers will be limited.
Classes will be held on Tuesday evenings in Moville Community
College. We have a limited stock of
fiddles that can be loaned out for a small fee. For further
information and to enrol: please contact Clodagh Warnock / Roisin Mc
Grory on 086 1522322.