If you have any community notes you would like
published please tell us...
New courses commencing in January 2017 in Serenity House, Moville.
Patchwork, Art Classes, Crochet, Food Hygiene, Train the Trainer,
Payroll, ECDL, ECDL Advance, FETAC Computer level 3 and 4 and
Aerobics and walking class. Call 0749382945 to book a place on any
of these courses. Moville mental Health Association cake raffle in
Serenity House tickets 3 for 5 euro.
Greencastle Community Centre
- The Wright Stuff Kids Club, Creative Writing Workshop age 7yrs+
Tuesday 24th January 4:15pm €5 Tel: 0863148541.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu starting Tuesday 24th & Thursday 26th January
7:30pm, Tel:00447597313759 for more info, FIRST CLASS FREE!
- Self-contained office space to-let, toilet, kitchen, waiting area,
perfect for office, beauty/massage therapy, call the Centre to
arrange a viewing.
- GO4Life – Coming Soon!
- QQI Level 4 Horticulture set to begin Spring 2017 (numbers
dependent), contact the Centre for more info.
- Greencastle Community Centre Baby & Toddler Group – Coming Soon!
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training 2nd & 3rd March
9am – 5pm €10.
- Tiny Tunes; fun, music and movement for little movers and shakers
of 3 months – 5yrs, Friday 3rd February 11am €7 per child or €12 per
- 24/7 accessible defibrillator is located at the Centre in an
outdoor case in a prominent location at the front of the Community
Centre and is accessed by entering a code on the digital keypad
which is obtained by dialing 999 or 112 – Defibrillator is easy to
use and fully automated.
- Crochet & knitting for beginners starts Thursday 7-8:30pm €35
- Upcycling 4 week course starting Tuesday 17th January 7pm €25
including materials, bring along an item to be modernised and
- Conversational Spanish starting Wednesday 25th January 7pm for 6
- Touched; A Suicide Awareness and Prevention Initiative, A 6 week
programme for anyone who has been affected by suicide starting
Monday 11am – 1pm €20, Safe, confidential, private!
- Counselling service available, Please call 00447849223114 or
0749381054 to book an appointment.
- Social Prescribing in the Greencastle area Contact Ann Doherty
Tel: 089 4318831 – Info session Wednesday 18th January 10am-12pm.
- Youth Space; every 2nd, 3rd & 4th Friday of the month 7-8:30pm €2.
- Greencastle and Shroove junior Youth Club First Friday of the
month 7:30pm – 9pm.
- The Coyle School of Irish Dancing; For fun, for Feiseanna and for
grading/examinations every Friday at 3:15pm, call Janet on
- ‘Left For Love’ children’s arts and crafts classes every Wednesday
5pm Contact Beibhínn 0864089481.
- Greencastle Women's Group meet on the first Wednesday of each
month, new members are always welcome.
- Competitive rates on room rental available for classes, workshops,
training; Introductory offers – Call the centre for more info!
- Vivid Performances Speech and Drama workshops Thursdays 7-8pm, for
4-12yrs, €5 per child per session, Contact Emma to book: 086 3601537
- ‘Zona Dance’ Dance Classes: Ballet Classes, Hiphop Dance, Adult
Pilates, Adult Piloxing in Greencastle Community Centre, contact
Jessica for more info 086 8222189 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greencastle Tennis Academy with Liam Sweeney, professionally
qualified tennis coach - Every Tuesday and Thursday from 4pm, call
Liam for more information on: 04871226223 or email email@example.com
- Fantastic selection of kids and adults books available at the
centre for a small donation.
- Walking group every Wednesday 10am.
- Aine Havlin Fitness @ Greencastle Community Centre Tel: 0860681696
for more info and to book a class/pt session/bootcamp.
- Badminton Club, equipment provided, beginners & experienced
players welcome. Every Thursday 7-9pm.
- Fully staffed Fitness Suite, free induction, pay per session or
membership, personal training and classes available for members
SPECIAL OFFER 2 months for €30 *offer available for month of
- Modern self-contained unit to let, long term rental opportunity,
modern space, kitchen and toilet facilities.
- What courses/classes would you be interested in attending at
Greencastle Community Centre? – Let us know!
For further information on any of the above please phone 9381054,
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Facebook.
Serenity House in Moville is offering a free counselling service every Friday
in Moville. Referrals from HSE, G.P. and others. For further
information telephone 0864515729.
IDP Computer Courses
Inishowen Development Partnership is offering the following courses,
subject to demand, in both Buncrana & Carndonagh:
Basics Internet 8hrs - €20.
Computer Basics 10 hrs- €25.
Word Processing – 12 hours €30.
Computer Literacy- FETAC Level 3, 16 hr - €40.
Computer Applications - FETAC Level 4, 30 hrs - €50.
Please call Katie at 074 93 62218 for more info or visit
The Inishowen Methodist churches Community Parent & Toddler group
every Thursday morning from 10am - 12pm at
the Methodist hall in Moville during
school term time. The group is for parents/carers of babies and
toddlers up to 4 years of age, only €2 per child with Refreshments
provided. A great way for children and adults to meet and make new
Inishowen Rural Transport Volunteer Car Scheme
Do you find it difficult to access affordable transport to attend
Do you find it difficult to travel on or access public transport?
Are you over 65 years of age?
If you have answered yes to all these questions Inishowen Rural
Transport are offering transport to non emergency medical
appointments with a volunteer car scheme.
There will be a nominal charge based on the distance travelled:
0-10km = €3 11-30km = €5 31-60km = €10 and over 61 km =€15
If you would like to avail of the scheme or would like to learn more
about the scheme please contact Noreen Murphy on 074 93 22291 or
Cormac Skinnader or 087 9861606 at Inishowen Development
Partnership, St Mary’s Road, Buncrana.
Fibromyalgia Support Group:
Inishowen Arthritis & Fibromyalgia Support Group Last Tues of every
month 7.30 - 9pm Day Unit in Carn Hospital
Contact Una Farren 0863748676
The Cancer Support Group ‘CSSC’ would like to invite anyone who has
been affected by a cancer diagnosis (including carers, family &
friends) to our monthly meetings in Milltown House, Tulnaree,
Carndonagh at 7.30 pm every second Monday of the month. Come along for tea and chat with
people who are going through a similar experience.
Ceolan school of music is a newly established community initiative
for teaching music to children aged 6-18 years.
Our main focus is traditional Irish music. Tuition will be offered
in 1) whistle 2) fiddle 3) button accordion 4) piano accordion 5)
traditional singing. Tuition will also be available in other
instruments depending on demand: harp/ flute/ pipes /banjo /mandolin
/bouzouki /traditional piano accompaniment / introductory classical
violin / music theory.
Fees- €10 to enrol in the music school for the year. This covers
operational costs and provision of all teaching materials. Each
weekly lesson is €6/hour. Pupils will be divided into classes
depending on ability. Class numbers will be limited.
Classes will be held on Tuesday evenings in Moville Community
College. We have a limited stock of
fiddles that can be loaned out for a small fee. For further
information and to enrol: please contact Clodagh Warnock / Roisin Mc
Grory on 086 1522322.
The weekly quiz for the Donegal Hospice takes place in
on Wednesday nights at 10pm.