If you have any community notes you would like
published please tell us...
Harvest Thanksgiving Mass
A Harvest Thanksgiving Mass will be held in St Columba's Church,
Drung on Tuesday, 25th October at 7:30pm. Everyone welcome.
Quigleys Point Scouts will be taking over The ‘Good as New’ shop
beside Hannons Chemist in Moville from 10th September to 22nd
October 2016. They are looking for donations of clothes, books &
toys, these can be left at the shop from the 10th September or
before that to Emma Doherty, tel no 074 93 82765. All proceeds are
going to Quigleys Point Scouts.
Greencastle Community Centre
- Fantastic Birthday Party packages available including bouncy
castle, party room and sports facilities all under one roof, call us
now to book.
- Emer’s Swedish Massage @ Greencastle Community Centre,
appointments available on Mondays from 9am; 30min back, neck and
shoulder massage €25, 30min leg & foot massage €20, 60min full body
€35, contact Emer on 0862086231 to book.
- The Brickx Club, lego workshop Saturday 5th November 3-5pm €10 per
child Tel:0861526699 to book a place.
- Irish Heart Foundation Mobile Health Unit will be at the Centre on
Thursday 10th November 1-4pm offering free blood pressure checks and
- Youth Space; Change of day, now every 2nd, 3rd & 4th Friday of the
month 7-8:30pm €2
- Possible Tús placement within the centre - Please contact Tina for
more info 0860516072
- Greencastle and Shrove Youth Club - first Friday of the month from
7.30 to 9pm. Open to all children from 7-15yrs old. New members
- Slimming World every Wednesday 7pm.
- The Coyle School of Irish Dancing; For fun, for Feiseanna and for
grading/examinations every Friday at 3:15pm, call Janet on
- We are running a Fetac (QQI) Level 5 Early Childhood Care and
Education here in Greencastle Community Centre, if interested please
contact the centre to register your interest.
- We are also taking names for Basic Computers and call/email the
centre to register.
- ‘Left For Love’ children’s arts and crafts classes every Wednesday
5pm Contact Beibhínn 0864089481.
- Greencastle Women's Group meet on the first Wednesday of each
month, new members are always welcome.
- Vivid Performances Speech and Drama workshops Thursdays 7-8pm, for
4-12yrs, €5 per child per session, Contact Emma to book: 086 3601537
- ‘Zona Dance’ Dance Classes: Ballet Classes, Hiphop Dance, Adult
Pilates, Adult Piloxing in Greencastle Community Centre, contact
Jessica for more info 086 8222189 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Running Workshop for beginners and intermediate, Thursday 20th
October 7pm, hosted by Paul McKee - Athletics Ireland €5.
- Greencastle Tennis Academy with Liam Sweeney, professionally
qualified tennis coach - Every Tuesday and Thursday from 4pm, call
Liam for more information on: 04871226223 or email email@example.com
- Fantastic selection of kids and adults books available at the
centre for a small donation.
- Walking group every Wednesday 10am.
- Social Prescribing available in the Greencastle/East Inishowen
area for people with mild/moderate depression, anxiety, isolation or
at a loose end and would like to become involved in social group,
learn a new skill etc. Contact Ann: 0894318831.
- Aine Havlin Fitness at Greencastle Community Centre Tel:
0860681696 for more info and to book a class/pt session/bootcamp.
- Badminton Club, equipment provided, beginners & experienced
players welcome. Every Thursday 7-9pm.
- Competitive rates on room rental available for classes, workshops,
training; Introductory offers – Call the centre for more info!
- Fully staffed Fitness Suite, free induction, pay per session or
membership, personal training and classes available for members.
- SOLAS Reflexology, Meditation & energy healing. Tuesday 9:30am &
Thursday 8pm - Call Anne on 0860714998 or 0749381856.
- FREE Counselling service. Please call 00447849223114 or 0749381054
to book an appointment.
- What courses/classes would you be interested in attending @
Greencastle Community Centre? – Let us know! Tel: 0749381054 Email:
For further information on any of the above please phone 9381054,
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Facebook!
Serenity House in Moville is offering a free counselling service every Friday
in Moville. Referrals from HSE, G.P. and others. For further
information telephone 0864515729.
IDP Computer Courses
Inishowen Development Partnership is offering the following courses,
subject to demand, in both Buncrana & Carndonagh:
Basics Internet 8hrs - €20.
Computer Basics 10 hrs- €25.
Word Processing – 12 hours €30.
Computer Literacy- FETAC Level 3, 16 hr - €40.
Computer Applications - FETAC Level 4, 30 hrs - €50.
Please call Katie at 074 93 62218 for more info or visit
The Inishowen Methodist churches Community Parent & Toddler group
every Thursday morning from 10am - 12pm at
the Methodist hall in Moville during
school term time. The group is for parents/carers of babies and
toddlers up to 4 years of age, only €2 per child with Refreshments
provided. A great way for children and adults to meet and make new
Inishowen Rural Transport Volunteer Car Scheme
Do you find it difficult to access affordable transport to attend
Do you find it difficult to travel on or access public transport?
Are you over 65 years of age?
If you have answered yes to all these questions Inishowen Rural
Transport are offering transport to non emergency medical
appointments with a volunteer car scheme.
There will be a nominal charge based on the distance travelled:
0-10km = €3 11-30km = €5 31-60km = €10 and over 61 km =€15
If you would like to avail of the scheme or would like to learn more
about the scheme please contact Noreen Murphy on 074 93 22291 or
Cormac Skinnader or 087 9861606 at Inishowen Development
Partnership, St Mary’s Road, Buncrana.
Fibromyalgia Support Group:
Inishowen Arthritis & Fibromyalgia Support Group Last Tues of every
month 7.30 - 9pm Day Unit in Carn Hospital
Contact Una Farren 0863748676
The Cancer Support Group ‘CSSC’ would like to invite anyone who has
been affected by a cancer diagnosis (including carers, family &
friends) to our monthly meetings in Milltown House, Tulnaree,
Carndonagh at 7.30 pm every second Monday of the month. Come along for tea and chat with
people who are going through a similar experience.
Ceolan school of music is a newly established community initiative
for teaching music to children aged 6-18 years.
Our main focus is traditional Irish music. Tuition will be offered
in 1) whistle 2) fiddle 3) button accordion 4) piano accordion 5)
traditional singing. Tuition will also be available in other
instruments depending on demand: harp/ flute/ pipes /banjo /mandolin
/bouzouki /traditional piano accompaniment / introductory classical
violin / music theory.
Fees- €10 to enrol in the music school for the year. This covers
operational costs and provision of all teaching materials. Each
weekly lesson is €6/hour. Pupils will be divided into classes
depending on ability. Class numbers will be limited.
Classes will be held on Tuesday evenings in Moville Community
College. We have a limited stock of
fiddles that can be loaned out for a small fee. For further
information and to enrol: please contact Clodagh Warnock / Roisin Mc
Grory on 086 1522322.
The weekly quiz for the Donegal Hospice takes place in
on Wednesday nights at 10pm.